All you need to know for your BOUDOIR SESH!
I want you to feel completely comfortable on your shoot. With that in mind, it is truly up to you with how much or how little skin you show. Don't be afraid to have fun and show off your personality! We usually start out the photos with a little more clothing. As you become more comfortable, we can work our way through your outfit choices.
One piece set
(such as: bodysuit, Corset, teddy, fitted slip dress or shapewear)
Two piece set
(bra/undies, high-wasted skirt/bra, garter belt set/bra/stockings)
cute robe / wrap / shawl / cardigan / or off shoulder shirt
accessory (jewelry statement pieces or clothing)
or if doing this for your man, something of HIS: (His favorite tee, a Trench coat/sports team jersey/button up work shirt/construction hat/briefcase or suit - think ‘mans fantasy’ lol)
At least one pair of high heels
if you plan on wearing a bright color for all pictures that is totally fine, or you can add it on during the shoot.
DOING YOUR OWN HAIR or MAKEUP?
FALSE EYELASHES! They do not have to be spider leg dramatic, you can settle for the most natural length, but they do make a big difference! If not, opt for curling your lashes before applying mascara.
Apply a little bit more coverage then your normally would especially in the problem blemish areas. Extend the foundation to your neck for a seamless tone blend. Feel free to apply make up to your body as well if you have blemishes.
Even if you are not doing a bright lip color, make sure to use a touch of color so your lips are not washed out in the pictures.
TIPS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF YOUR SESH:
- DO Consider pampering yourself with a mani-pedi a few days before your photo shoot date.
- DO Wear your comfiest loose, baggy clothes to the studio . Otherwise, your bra, panty, and socks can leave weird lines on your skin.
- DO cut out all tags from your clothing options including the launder instructions inside the garmet (little white tags w/ care instructions).
- Plus size recommendations DO: high waisted undies, underbust waist cincher corset garter belt, and/or bodysuits . Pair with off the shoulder cardigan, button down shirt or lace robe.
- DO load up on accessories. Pearls, long necklaces, gaudy costume jewelry, hats, fishnets or sheer black hose, and most importantly--cute shoes!! High heels are a nice way to extend the length of your legs.
- DO consider normal clothing if you’re nervous about being too revealing, such as off the shoulder tees, cardigans, tanktops, a fitted button-up shirt, or a high slit skirt/dress. Many of these items can be paired with cute undergarments to make a very sexy (but less skimpy) outfit.
- DON’T feel like you have to drop a ton of money on new items for your shoot. Although it can be nice to have one really elaborate piece of lingerie, we can create stunning images with the items you already have in your closet and affordable pieces from amazon.
- DON’T wear anything that is too small and digs into your skin or creates the dreaded “muffin top.” Try your outfits on before the shoot.
Here is where more is more!
Don't know where to buy?
Vintage? Try Modcloth
Bra and Undies
Most importantly, bring at least one bra and undies set. Start with basic black and then add colors and patterns. Bras and undies can be photographed alone or paired with any of the other clothing items or accessories you bring. They are also helpful when setting up implied nude poses. (Consider high waisted undies shapewear and/or corset belt, if tummy is area of concern.)
A bodysuit, vintage slip, teddy , shapewear and/or camisole always photographs well. High wasted undies, Thigh high stockings, a garter belt, and heels are super sexy too. We have built our studio to work with all colors as well as various patterns and fabrics. Start simple and grow more extreme from there. Think about what colors look good on you.
Everyday clothing such as sheer tops, jeans, can look cute and sexy if photographed properly. A simple white tank top or cami can be super cute! If this is a gift for your partner then bring something from his wardrobe. This can be one of his favorite ties, or a button down shirt. Anything that makes the images more personal and sexy to him! It also adds variety to your collection of outfits and will look great in the final book.
Accessories include jewelry (necklaces either bulky or long, earrings, scarves, hats, stockings, garter belts, etc. It can be some theme you want to incorporate.
Also, Think of your man if this will be for him! Maybe a sports tee, trench coat, or other fun things that you know will be a surprise for him.